Symphony is Medela's latest innovation in hospital-grade electric double pumps and is available for moms to rent. Rental pumps are ideal for moms who have a medical need or who want to use the same pump used in hospitals.
Medela initiated extensive research on electric breast pumps for the development of the Symphony, lead by internationally renowned lactation researcher, Dr. Peter Hartmann, Ph.D.
Featuring the original 2-Phase Expression technology – found only in Medela breast pumps.
SYMPHONY PLUS WITH ( INITIATION AND MAINTAIN )
The INITIATE program supports pump-dependent moms to successfully initiate milk production while the MAINTAIN program is designed to optimize milk output after secretory activation has occurred, in order to build and maintain lactation. Effective for mothers of preterm and term infants.
The INITIATE program supports pump-dependent moms to successfully initiate milk production during first 5 days postpartum while the MAINTAIN program, to be used on day 6 postpartum is designed to optimize milk output after secretory activation has occurred, in order to build and maintain lactation.
The Program card contains two distinct pumping programs: INITIATE and MAINTAIN
When using Initiation Program:
This technology is used soon after birth can significantly increase breast milk production. INITIATE program contains a mixed stimulation phases, an expression phase and pause phase. Recommended for moms starting from day 3 - 5 and use it until when in 3 consecutive pumping sessions combined 20 ml or more is collected. You should switch to the maintain program by day 6. INITIATE:
The Symphony PLUS Initiation technology mimics the irregular and more rapid sucking and pausing pattern of a term born infant in the first days of lactation and supports pump-dependent moms to successfully initiate milk production. To be used during 5 days postpartum.
Babies breastfeed in 2 phases:
When using Maintain Program:
1. Stimulation Phase – when babies first go to breast, they suck fast and light to start milk flowing.
2. Expression Phase – after milk flow or “let-down” starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster.
With this technology, Symphony is proven to reduce pumping time through faster let-down and milk flow and to remove as much milk as a breastfeeding baby. Medela Symphony Plus Breast Pump Rental is an affordable alternative to purchasing.
MAINTAIN: ( offered in Standard Symphony or Symphony with Rechargeable Battery )
The Symphony with its 2-Phase Expression technology mimics the term born infant's sucking pattern during established lactation to optimize milk output and maintain a strong milk supply. Start using as of day 6 postpartum.
- Accessory Kit Not Included ( Sold Separately )
- Long Term Daily Use
- Electric with Initiate Technology - contains mixture of stimulation phases, an expression phase and pause phase. And switch to Maintain Technology feature within the same pump may be used after day 5.
- Multi-User, Chosen for you and your baby - All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA/DEHP Free.
- Available for Sale or Affordable Rental Packages. Rent it Monthly, 3-Months or 5-Months Discounted Packages.
- Same day Brooklyn Delivery when rental agreement is completed by 12 noon.
- We also deliver to Queens and Manhattan: delivery fees also apply.
- We ship Nationwide.
- Call for more information (718)648-8130.
- Unit Weight: 8.4 lbs
- Unit Size: 10 1/4 x 81/4 x 12 1/2
- Color: yellow
- Vacuum: 50 - 250 mmHg
- Power: 100-240V - 50/60 Hz 0.5A, 12 V DC = 25W
Do You Live In New York?